Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Side Post!

For today, we have a bit of an unusual side post. It's got very little to do with Final Fantasy (GASP!?!).
Let's just sum it up with the title...

Recurring Fantasy Side Post Presents
The After Fantasy


I realize now that it probably explained nothing. I'm just going to briefly discuss a few different game series ideas of what I'll be playing after I beat all the Final Fantasy titles. I know this is a tad early considering that I probably will be finishing up the series around the end of the year. It's best to prepare early...although I think any other series outside of the Final Fantasy ones won't last nearly as long...Let's move right along.

Oh! And if you are reading this, feel free to comment and help me choose from the ones I'll be listing.

First off...the list! My current ideas for future playing of throughs includes:
  • Final Fantasy Side Titles (i.e.Tactics or X-2)
  • Pokemon 
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Mega Man (Original)
  • Mega Man X 
  • Mega Man Legends
  • Mega Man Battle Network
  • Basically any game with the Mega Man title.
  • Grandia
The first thing you'll notice is...lots of Mega Man titles. They're great games, there are a LOT of them, and they are fun, fun, fun! Any Mega Man series has several titles in them, so I'd easily be busy with a single one for quite a while. Mega Man Original and X both have collections with most of the titles on them. Legends is a great series, and easily one of my favorites. Battle Network was a great series on the GBA, and I didn't actually play all of them. I'd probably switch up the format to doing one game per post along with the general amount of time and effort I put into beating them.

The Final Fantasy side titles would be the most likely choice since I'm already on the series as is. I also really love Tactics, so I wouldn't mind playing them again. Not a lot more to say with this one...Yeah, I'm not going in order at all. xO

The Pokemon series is a classic group of fun farming RPG-ness. I'd be only playing the main lineup, and I'd also be doing the remakes. As for how far I'd go...just become Pokemon Champion and then stop there. I might play a few in emulators to avoid cost AND allow for screenshots! That just oozes slightly more fun! Would easily keep me busy for quite a few hundred hours. Possibly more than the Final Fantasy titles. O_o

The Legend of Zelda. I don't feel like I really need to add anything to detail this sweetness. The only comments I'd make are the following: 1. I wouldn't be playing all of them. 2. I'd get recommendations for which ones to play over which ones to not. 3. Skyward Sword is out.
You might be curious why I had #3 in there. I'm sorry. I don't care what anybody says. Skyward Sword is NOT a good game. It is possibly the worst 3D Zelda since...ever. Throw on top of it that I've yet to actually beat it currently DESPITE being told of an awesome final boss plus super cool ending. Skyward Sword would already be out before I started. So...minus that, Legend of Zelda would be great to play through all of it. I haven't actually beaten every title either. I've covered most of the 3D ones plus a few 2D ones. Would be cool to beat the original 2. So...yeah!

Now for the final series I listed...Grandia. It's a short grouping with only 3 main titles and one off-title (Grandia Xtreme). It isn't super well known, but the Grandia series is a wonderful series of RPGs. They have a great and unique battle system that easily sets them apart from most RPGs. The stories are great, the characters are memorable, and they are just plain...fun to play. One of the best reasons of course is that...I'd only be playing the main 3, so that means I'd get through the entire series in no time! Sounds like a good thing to me.~

I'm really looking forward to getting into another series once I beat the Final Fantasies. So...
Please comment on this and gimme some opinions of choices! :O

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment