Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 12


Game - Final Fantasy 2, Day 12
Hours Played/Hours Total - 4 hrs / 16 hrs
Starting Point - Outside the Town of Fynn.
Current Goal - Level up abilities a lot. Rescue Princess Hilda and Cid aboard the Dreadnought. Destroy the Dreadnought.

What Happened - What started off as just some side time leveling up turned into a large session with some actual goals completed!
     During all this leveling up, I found out a horrible truth...It turns out I have ruined one of my characters (the lady, Maria), and now she is waaay behind the other 2 main people in total HP. She has around 300ish while the other two are double (Firion) and TRIPLE (Guy) that. Guess how you get more HP? You have to get hit, and in the process, I'm assuming you have to survive said hit. This can be fairly hard if she dies by the first hit and then goes immediately down. Every time she goes down, I have to waste a turn reviving, healing, and then rebuffing her. This became a constant process during the training process. Thankfully, after about 2 hours of training here (and around 2 hours last post), I managed to have my characters at a fairly satisfactory skill levels.
     Although not 100% what I wanted to be at, I was ready to move on with the game. I've been getting really antsy lately about wanting to get to the next title! Really looking forward to the PS1 titles~ Moving along, I began the trip north of Fynn to locate the Dreadnought. It was a long but uneventful walk. A short time later, I came upon the supply depot where the dreadful Dreadnought was currently stationed. From a previous experience of entering the Dreadnought, I showed the special item Pass to the front guard. He let me pass by without a battle. I could have taken him, but I decided to not waste any MP that I didn't need to. With that done, I began my search of the Dreadnought. Unfortunately, my luck lead me towards taking the long way to beating this.
     The first thing I did was immediately charge upward and onward! After many, many random battles and fair amount of time later, I arrived at the Dreadnought's engine room. However, you aren't allowed to blow up the engine until you rescue Cid and Hilda. Lucky me! I got to backtrack aaaall the way back to the beginning and find the side path leading to the prison cells where the two were being held. It seems that I just barely walked past where they were held...was not happy about that. Regardless, after talking to them, Cid grabs Hilda and goes to wait on his ship while your group blows up the ship. I retraced my steps back to the engine room and tossed the Sunfire into the engine. A few moments later, the engine begins to catch fire, and as it really begins to roar, the Black Knight walks in and yells at you for doing that. Of course, I'd be pretty pissed too if a bunch of rambunctious kids just blew up MY giant super airship! As your group runs to escape, you are treated to a cutscene of the Dreadnought catching fire and beginning to blow up. You are whisked out of the burning Dreadnought by Cid and his airship. He flies you back to Altair and flies off into the distance.
     With the Dreadnought destroyed, you check into Altair to discover...not going to say. I'm going to try and avoid a lot more spoilers, although I'm currently failing at that. Gorden leaves your group and takes control of the Rebellion, and he gives you the task of travelling to Deist. Deist is some sort of island nation for the dragoons (Woo! Dragoons!) and wyverns (Hellz yeah! Dragons baby~). Although it is said that the empire wiped them out, some believe that someone is bound to have survived. Gorden suggests taking a ship from Paloom to try and reach Deist, so I took off with my party and made way for Paloom. Paloom appeared to be its normal self except that it had ONE new citizen. I approached this person, and they claimed that they would take me to Deist for free (Ah the obvious trap...very nice). Maria immediately voices her suspicion about this character, but Firion points out that it is the only way to get to Deist. With the obvious trap to come, you head out of Paloom and jump on the ship. The ship moves crazy slow and southward until...the crew turns out to be pirates! The lady who offered the trip (Leila) is the captain of a pirate group. She claims that she will spare your life but not your valuables, and so the pirates attack you.
     The battle was more than just any pushover...it was the ULTIMATE pushover! They couldn't even hurt my party, so we easily took them down with no trouble. As you finish the battle, Leila gives herself up to your character's decisions. Of course, they decide to recruit her and her pirate crew to help the resistance. Despite having some of their crew killed in front of them, they all jump on the resistance bandwagon and Leila fills in the 4th slot of your party. Huzzah! We now have a ship! With the ship at your control, you are able to go to Deist. Which is what I plan to do...when I play next time. I thought I had made it there, but I landed on a random island with a cave called Tropical Cave. Feeling I accomplished enough for now, I set up camp and saved my game just inside the cave.

Ending Point - Inside the Tropical Cave.

Goals Accomplished - Leveled up! Rescued Princess Hilda and Cid. Destroyed the Dreadnought. Obtained a sea ship!
Next Goals - Locate Deist and recruit the Dragoon's help.

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment