Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 14


Game - Final Fantasy 2, Day 14
Hours Played/Hours Total - 3-1/2 hrs / 25 hrs
Starting Point - City of Altair.
Current Goal - Join Princess Hilda and Prince Gordon in the uprising at Fynn.

What Happened - Really hoping that I'm getting ever so close to the end, but I have a bad feeling that I still lack quite a ways. Yet another post consisting of two days, this time it is more justified than the last since it was only 1 hour on the included extra day...
     I began from the city of Fynn, and I headed northward to a small camp where Hilda and Gordon were said to be. Right to the West of Galtrea, there's a new little spot that looks like a tent. Obviously their campsite, so I stepped in and ascertained my next move. The two of them didn't say too much, but they made a point that the rest of the troops would be a distraction while my team went in and killed the main guy who is currently in control of the castle. With my objective in mind, I charged towards the castle, climbed up, and challenged my opponent!...or at least, I did that after lots of exploring and enemy fighting. Turns out that the enemies were almost too powerful, and I even came close to dying a few times. Might have died one time, but I don't want to admit that directly.
     With the big boss guy dead (random shaman guy, he's dead so who cares!), the rebellion was able to take back over Fynn and reclaim the castle. With the castle in our possession, I'm one step closer to defeating the Empire and ,more importantly, beating this game. After getting it all cleared of soldiers and monsters, everybody moves back into the town of Fynn, and Hilda and Gordon take their place in the throne room. Kinda feel like I should be the one in the throne room considering I'm doing all this work. Whatever, with them back in control, Hilda has requested that I check on Mr. Minwu (white wizard from waaay earlier in the game). She requested that he venture to Mysidia (nation of magic peoples) to try and obtain the Ultimate Magic tome. He had been gone a long time, and people were starting to worry about him. However, before I went off to find out about him, I was told that I needed to find a pair of special masks. The Black Mask was said to be hidden somewhere unknown (already known to me! It was on a damn island.), and the White Mask was said to be hidden below Castle Fynn. I already accidentally obtained the Black Mask, so all I had to do was find the White Mask. Hilda told me the special words to say to open the passageway to the mask, but she didn't know WHERE the passageway was. Yay! Another find the right person quest!
     I wasn't completely without a clue of who to find of course. Hilda told me that the international super thief Paul would probably know where the passage was. I like how this guy always seems to have the answers or solutions to things. Random ass thief in the rebellion is all up on all the secrets, including ones that royalty doesn't apparently know. Anyways, I was almost afraid at that point because I had no clue where Paul was. Thankfully, he has a big house in Fynn (found by accident), and I was able to ask him what to do. After finding out the treasure was a boring mask, he told me to look behind the thrones. I looked behind the thrones for several minutes before checking a random corner where the ACTUAL location was. I spoke the special words, and the corner opened up the secret passage.
     With the passageway opened, I descended into the secret basement dungeon below Castle Fynn. Many monsters made this place their home. Annoying large amount if you ask me...but anyways. I slowly descended further and further. Checking all the rooms to find they were actually monster rooms. Monster rooms are empty rooms with nothing in them, and when you enter them, they throw you in the middle and force you to fight at least ONE battle before leaving. This is really annoying when you want to just explore the place. They are all over the game, but I just now took the time to mention and explain it. It is really not a fun room of any sort. After 5 floors of monsters, empty rooms, and treasure chests with crappy loot, I finally came to the final door. It lead into a room with no boss (thank you) and a single chest holding the White Mask. With the White Mask in hand, I ran to the back and teleported out of the castle.
     With both masks in hand, I talked to Hilda who told me to immediately make way to Mysidia. She figured that the mages there could figure out what the masks could do. With no idea where to find Mysidia, I restocked on all my basic items, bought the few new spells that Fynn had, and saved my game outside the town. I didn't really get as much done as I'd like, but any progress is better than none!

Ending Point - Nearby the city of Fynn.
Goals Accomplished - Take back Castle Fynn from the Empire. Locate and recover the White Mask and Black Mask. Already recovered the Black Mask. Found the secret basement dungeon in Castle Fynn. Recovered the White Mask. Began journey for Mysidia.
Next Goals - Locate Mysidia. Discover what the Masks do. Figure out what happened to Minwu.

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment