Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 6


Game - Final Fantasy , Day 6
Hours Played/Hours Total - 3 hrs / 21-1/2 hrs
Starting Point - Inside the Sunken Shrine
Current Goal - Explore the Sunken Shrine and defeat the Fiend of Water. Locate the final location of the last Fiend after that.
What Happened - Should be a short post. I'm going to try and make these smaller considering each post has gotten progressively bigger since the initial one.
     Started off right inside the Sunken Shrine. The whole place is well...sunken and underwater, but thanks to the fancy Oxyale stuff, your group can travel around unhindered by the lack of any supply of oxygen. Anyways, my only complaint would be that enemies are water-based (obviously...), but some of them are kinda stupidly named. All they did was add Sea or Water in front of their normal name. I realize this isn't something unheard of or new to the RPG world, but I'd really appreciate some more name diversity. Apparently one portion of the shrine involves a pile of empty rooms with nothing. I'm assuming this is a strategy to piss me off while I'm just trying to beat this thing. It wasn't the most difficult dungeon, but I often felt like I was unsure where I was. However, I eventually made my way down to the bottom floor and ran into the Fiend of Water (on accident really).
     The Fiend of Water, also known as the Kraken, admired our ability to make it down there and survive, but he claimed that he would easily conquer us in his domain. So we engage yet another Fiend into a massive boss battle! Boy was I ready to take him! I got everybody all powered up and protected. This goes faster since the Knight and Ninja can cast spells like Protect, Temper, and Haste. As soon as I got ready, I finally ordered the attack on Kraken. (Keep in mind, my mages and Ninja were the main ones working on buffing, and my Knight was constantly attacking the Kraken regardless.) Right as the Black Wizard was about to cast an awesome spell of Thundaga...the Knight gave him the final killing blow. This is just so much disappointment. All the Fiends have felt so powerless and without any challenge. With Kraken down, your characters celebrate their victory and relight the 3rd crystal, the Water Crystal. After that, I immediately jumped on the exit magic circle.
     Woo! Feels great to be out of the water. Now I just have to...what do I do? I may not have mentioned it before, but I happened upon a town in the east with people, but all these people speak a language which you can't understand. All sorts of rumors have told me that someone was on the brink of translating it. One man told me his brother required something called the Rosetta Stone to translate an ancient language. Knowing where his brother was, I traveled to him so that he can tell me he's a great scientist. I go back to Onrac and talk to the NPCs one more time and finally come upon one clue. A clue that I not only missed but did not like. A lady suggested that all sorts of valuable treasure is located in the Sunken Shrine...one of these was a tablet with ancient languages on it. What does this mean? I get to travel back to the Sunken Shrine and locate the handful of chests I missed and find the Rosetta Stone.
     Back down into the deep water to locate the Rosetta Stone. With a little help from a guide, I was able to quickly get in there and locate the location of the chest with the Stone. I don't like the guide-use either, but I didn't feel like running around for hours trying to find it. Turns out the dungeon has mermaids living at the top of it...interesting but pointless. I located the Rosetta Stone and made use of the "Teleport" spell I recently got for my Red Mage. Zoomed back into town and ran straight for Dr. Unne. He grabbed the tablet from me and immediately learns the language (wha?). After learning it himself, he offers to teach you, and your group miraculously picks it up in just a matter of moments (...how?). With my newfound grasp of Lufenian, I rushed off to the city of  Lufenia. (These game designers were straight forward with their names, eh?)
     Now that I can understand them, I was able to talk around to everybody. Most of them just describe the past and the current situation with a flying fortress that houses the Fiend of Wind. I was also informed of the Mirage Tower and of a group of 5 warriors that had left recently and not returned. I had been by to this tower a couple of times, but it would never let me in. This problem was solved by one of the villagers who gave me the all-powerful...chime. Before leaving, I found a magic shop in Lufenia that was selling the all-powerful (actual all-powerful this time) black spell...FLARE! With the chime in hand and a new spell in my list, I set sail for Mirage Tower. It's not too far away, just in the middle of a desert, and more importantly, I already knew where! I made it into the Mirage Tower and decided to call it a day.

Ending Point - Inside the Mirage Tower.
Levels Achieved - 6 levels earned. Currently level 44.

Goals Accomplished - Explored the Shrine. Defeated the Fiend of Water, Kraken. Relight the Water Crystal. Revisited the Sunken Shrine. Obtained the Rosetta Stone. Learned Lufenian from Dr. Unne. Visited Lufenia and got a chime. Learned the Flare spell!!! Began climbing the Mirage Tower.
Next Goals - Climb the Mirage Tower and make it to the Flying Fortress which houses the Fiend of Wind.

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment