Saturday, March 23, 2013

News Post!

SO! This post is to just say that I've run out of ideas for Side Posts.
Well, I've run out of ideas for GOOD Side Posts at least. Sure, I could keep writing reviews, but I'm not up for reviewing all sorts of titles. I'd end up just reviewing an RPG here and there. I only have a handful of RPGs I'd end up wanting to review, so the list would go by pretty quickly. I'm not really the best at lengthy or detailed reviews either, so what you'd really get is a big post of "I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME! YOU SHOULD LIKE IT TOO!" Let's be honest...Who wants to play and review a game they don't like? I could maaaybe pull it off if the game in question was one I picked up with hopeful intentions, but I'm pretty selective about the games I buy anymore. A crappy game slips through the cracks here and there, but I look around and talk with people to make sure I avoid anything awful. 

Anyways, I'm considering doing something slightly different from the rest of my posts. I really enjoy pen and paper roleplaying games, but I don't ever get the time to play them. (To be fair, I have the time to play them, but my friends are never available to do them.) During this process of wanting to roleplay, I've made up a considerable number of characters, story ideas, world ideas, and more. I figure it's time to put some of those to use and attempt to write an actual story. 

TO SUMMARIZE THIS ENTIRE POST, I'm going to start posting up short stories. 

It strays away from the theme of the blog, but it'd be something different and/or interesting to anybody who comes along. It would also give me practice at attempting to type things up better. Who knows! I might actually enjoy what I write and try to run with it. The worst case scenario is I type up a story, read said story, and just think "this is awful". The best case scenario is I grow famous, sell the movie rights, and cry as Micheal Bay or some other director ruins my artistic vision. 

I look forward to the negative criticism that follows! Thanks for reading! 

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment