Sunday, January 22, 2012

The First Post!

So, this post is here simply to state my mission.
My mission (if I choose to accept it) is to play the entirety of the numbered Final Fantasy catalog, including but not necessary limited to, Final Fantasy through Final Fantasy XIII.

Will I succeed? 
I sure as hell hope so...
For the sake of humanity (and myself), I have to succeed!

Do I have a reason?
Honestly, I have no reason. I just want to do this to hopefully prove I can finish it. Part of me just wants to do this so that I will follow through with it and complete my goal. As a plus, I'll be playing what are considered some of the greatest RPG games of our generation.

Got a goal?
Other than the obvious ones already stated...no.
I have played several of the titles in the series already, but I have only finished a fraction of them.
It would be nice to see the entirety of the series in...well in series.
Along the way, I'll be getting frustrated and bored of the games, but I will see it through!

Lay down some ground rules man!
So apparently I'm going to make posts like that...like I'm talking to myself.
The only true rule will be to finish one title before going to the next.
I'll start on Final Fantasy 1 and go from there.

Another big deal to me will be the use of guides...
I plan to avoid any use of a guide. If I get so stuck that I don't want to play it, I will consult a guide then.
Otherwise, no guides will be consulted. This does mean I probably won't do any/all of the side quests in the titles, but I can honestly say it'll be more refreshing this way. If I discover them by myself, it will feel like more of an accomplishment.

Although it is kinda cheating, I'll be playing the latest releases of most of the titles as opposed to the original versions. The reasons for this choice are...
1. Final Fantasy (1) - The original title is a classic, but it's also much, MUCH harder. I'd probably have to play it with an emulator, and that would decrease my progress significantly as compared to the PSP version.
2. Cost - Remakes of most of the titles are going to be cheaper than the original most likely.
3. Obtaining them - As said, I'm not going to emulate them, so I'll be buying them. The cost is one thing, but obtaining a copy of the old game is risky at best. I might get a bad copy, it might die halfway through, or it may just be unfun to deal with (NES, SNES ones). With all the remakes/ports of these games, I might as well just buy the latest versions.


This is not really a great first post, but it will have to do.
My journey will be a long and difficult one. I hope that I don't mess my life up over this.
And above all...I hope that I will actually make my goal.
If I even get through half the series, I will be proud of myself (and hate myself some too).

Here's to hoping that these fantasies...won't be my final ones.

May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment