Thursday, October 3, 2013

VGBA Explosion! #1 - The First

Now I know what you're thinking... but please let me explain first.

Basically, there will be dozens and dozens of Video Game Band Albums that I'd love to share and review, but at the end of the day, I can't review every single one. Therefore, this is where VGBA Explosion! comes into play. At least once a month, I'll write up a post with three to five albums just showcasing the album with the genres and slight description. These albums should be considered either average or good as far as ranking goes, but I won't go into a lot of details with everyone to explain why I am recommending them like I do with reviews.

The best question that could be asked here is "Then why would you still do album reviews?"
Simple! Albums that get reviewed will most likely hold a special place in my heart. I feel the need to review them because they're either above and beyond awesome OR they're just so terrible that I can't help but say why.

Either way, the following albums are being shared for the good of Video Game Band Awareness! They're albums I have bought or am planning to buy very soon. ENJOY!
(Apologies beforehand, but all the links are going to be bandcamp because I like bandcamp.)

VGBA EXPLOSION! #1 - The First

For the first post, I've thrown together a selection of four albums. I tried to vary the types a little bit to give you a good selection of things to try.

Price = Name Your Price
Album - Chiptunes = Win Volume 1
Artist - Assorted. It's a compilation.
Genre - Chiptunes obviously!
Suggested Because - Chiptunes = Win is a great entry point into chiptunes. It's a selection of FIFTY-ONE chiptune songs by all kinds of different chiptune artists. If you can get through a portion of the album, you are likely to find at least a few artists that you like. 

Price = $8 (digital), $10 (physical w/ digital)
Album - Mankinds Arrogance
Artist - The X-Hunters
Genre - Video Game Covers. Metal. Rock.
Suggested Because - It's just great rock and metal covers of various Mega Man X series music. Also contains a few other games as well. Just... really great stuff.

Price = $8 (digital)

Album - Varia Suite
Artist - Metroid Metal
Genre - Video Game Metal Covers from the Metroid series.
Suggested Because - If you like Metroid music, get it. If you like metal music, I bet you'll still like it SO GET IT!

Price = Name Your Price
Album - Moogle's Flute
Artist - Lauren the Flute.
Genre - Video Game Music Covers with a Flute.
Suggested Because - It's an interesting album. It's a couple RPG songs but covered by a flute. For the price, it's a good and different listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment