Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 1


Final Fantasy - Day 1

Hours Played/Hours Total - 2 hrs / 2 hrs

Starting Point - Beginning of the Game. Level 1. Kingdom of Coneria.

Current Goal - Rescue the Princess from the evil knight Garland. Try to save the world.

What Happened 
     Before you begin the game, you choose the makeup of your party from the following 6 classes:
Fighter, Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, Thief, and Black Belt. Being who I am, I made my party consist of the main group from the web comic 8-bit Theater (Fighter, Black Mage, Thief, Red Mage). And so the game begins!
You start off outside the Kingdom of Coneria with 500 gold. I immediately went to town and upgraded all my equipment to the best available as well as buying some spells. Thankfully the first set of armor and weapons is really cheap so I was easily able to get it all. With my previous knowledge of playing this title on both the NES and PSP before, I already knew I needed to level up.
     After some time spent leveling up, I began my trip to the Temple of Fiends. I managed to get up there in one piece and avoided any problems. That was until I actually entered the temple. I figured I'd look around rather than immediately fighting Garland. Apparently this was a huge mistake on my part. The first battle I got into killed my black mage, so I had the fun task of running back to Coneria to revive the black mage. Thankfully it wasn't as painful a task in the PSP version as it would be in the original NES game. However, this immediately put my black mage at a experience difference between him and the rest of my party, which I hate so very much. That was the only detour along my initial goal. I made it back there and easily kicked Garland's ass. He's really not much of a challenge with a few extra levels in tow (Level 4) and some well placed magic (Fire!).
     With the princess rescued, you return to Coneria. The King graciously awards your group with...the rebuilding of a bridge to the north! SO EXCITING! All that work just to have a bridge fixed so that you may continue on with the quest of saving the world. Proceeding north, you are presented with a small cutscene and inspirational words. It's actually really close in appearance to the one that appeared on the NES version. Of course, it has had some significant graphical improvements (as has the rest of the game).
     And then I continued north...unfortunately for me, it was too far north. I ran right into a pair of giants that smashed the black mages face off. Apparently nobody likes the black mage. Thankfully I wasn't too far away and was able to double back to Coneria for a revival. And speaking of the revival process, why is it...that a group of people attempting to save the world are forced to pay a hefty revival price? Why not revive them for FREE? They are trying to save everything as we know it after all. Anyways, I started back north and instead took a turn eastward heading towards where I knew the next town was. Ran into a few monsters here and there, but nothing a couple spells and strong warriors couldn't take! After reaching the harbor city of Pravoka, I took the time to enter in and buy a few new spells and equipment.
     Although I didn't get very far, I felt like it was safe for me to save and quit for the day. Not a massive leap by far, but it's a small step in a fairly long game. Let us hope my next time in-game will lead to great things!


Ending Point - Outside the harbor city of Pravoka.


Levels Achieved - 7 Levels earned, Currently Level 8

Goals Accomplished - Defeated Garland. Got the bridge rebuilt (woo?). Reached Pravoka.

Next Goals - Confront and defeat the pirates in Pravoka. Hopefully proceed easily from there...


My first post...it's not bad. I hope the format evolves from here and begins to look better.
I also hope I manage a little more in-game time next time. We shall see how it goes from here!


~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment