Saturday, March 17, 2012

Day 20


Game - Final Fantasy 3, Day 20
Hours Played/Hours Total - 3-1/2 hrs / 16 hrs
Starting Point - Nearby Canaan Village.
Current Goal - Give the Wheel of Time to Cid so he can make an airship. Use the airship to travel to the surface below.

What Happened - I'm going to try and get out a quick and dirty post today. Hopefully chocked full of progress, but any progress is good progress as far as it is concerned. Current goal is to finish this game and start the next one before the month is over.
     Starting outside of Canaan, I immediately went into the village to find Cid. Cid was just waiting at his house for you to bring him the Wheel of Time. With the Wheel of Time, he was able to turn our sea ship, the Enterprise, into an airship. I find this acceptable, and the only real problem is that it has to land in water. I can live with this so much that it hurts. Anyways, with the ship ready to go, Cid has one last thing to tell the group before they left. It turns out that Cid and the party of orphans are not native to this land. It turns out that they came from the world below, which is currently overrun by darkness. Things happened, they were the only survivors. I won't say anymore for those who might seek out this game and play it. With more plot unfolding, I jumped on my airship and took to the world beyond...
     Turns out the world I was in (that felt MASSIVE) was actually just a portion of the much, much larger actual world. However, when I first entered, everything was sunken beneath darkness and water. The world map showed that there were three small bits of land showing above it all. A small journey later, I discovered that one piece of land had nothing but mountains. The second had a temple and cave I could do nothing in, so that left the 3rd piece of land. Of course, it did have the next spot for my goal. There on the land was a crashed ship. I entered inside and found an elderly man protecting a young lady. I had to waste an Elixer on her to get her up and going, and she revealed herself as Aria. She immediately was able to identify the group as the Warriors of Light. She said she could help us get to the Water Crystal, and that it would also restore light to the surface world. With that in mind, I immediately set course for the Temple of Water.
     Funny enough, the Temple of Water didn't have the crystal. It just had a crystal shard that Aria needed to   restore the Water Crystal. She then pointed us to a cave north of the temple, and upon entering, I encountered a sealed door which she eagerly opened for us. Then...dungeon crawl time! It wasn't too hard of a dungeon, but the enemies were starting to do more damage. Had to heal at least once every other battle if not every battle. Moving along, we finally came to the Water Crystal's chamber. The group approached it, and Aria began to restore the power of the crystal using the shard. After returning it to power, she tells the group to combine their light power with the crystal's to restore the world. However, as the group is starting to do that, tragedy strikes! A servant of the major villain (who I know only as Xande) came to strike the group down, but Aria managed to stop the sneak attack. Kraken then proceeded to attack the group for another BOSS BATTLE! Not much to say on this boss battle either, it wasn't a pushover, but I was never truly worried either. After the battle was over, the group approached Aria and mourned. Before she passes, she was able to give you the Water Crystal's power (more jobs! woo!). Unfortunately, the cave starts to collapse in on itself, and the group wakes up several days later in a far off village called Amur.
     The Water Crystal gave me a new batch of jobs, and so of course, I immediately jumped on many of them. The jobs I got were: Viking, Dragoon, Dark Knight, Evoker, Bard. A really nice grouping of new jobs compared to the last set. I immediately jumped on Dragoon and Dark Knight, but I eventually changed the Dragoon to Viking since Dragoon felt useless. It seems the game was determined to make most secondary abilities near useless on anybody except mages. There is the exception of the Dark Knight's Souleater ability. It allows you to sacrifice 10% of your HP to do a MASSIVE amount of damage to ALL opponents on the field. With a decent setup, I was able to deal out 1000 damage easily to a group. This is just too awesome to pass up. Anyways, back to the game!
     In Amur, I was quickly informed that someone named Goldor chained my ship up so I can't go away. Goldor apparently owns some large mansion made entirely of gold, but it's located behind an impassable bog. The solution? I have to get a pair of hover shoes called Levigrass Shoes. Who has Levigrass Shoes? Some old woman named Delilah who resides in the sewers of Amur. Now that is a completely off topic quest. I had to travel all over town for random events before I could go down into the sewers of course. First off, I learned about a group of four old men who believed themselves to be the Warriors of Light. Next, I proceeded to talk to the town mayor of sorts who opened the way to the sewers. Then, it was finally time for the typical yet common sewer dungeon crawl. Nothing too special about it, but around halfway through, the group encountered the fake Warriors of Light who were being cornered by monster frogs. SO MENACING! The group took it upon themselves to help. With the frogs defeated, the fake Warriors admit that you must be the real ones, and they promise to go back to the surface. Further downward I came face to face with Delilah. The group asks her to give them a pair of Levigrass Shoes. She responds by throwing a bomb at us. (The fake Warriors came in and warned them of it in time.) They ask Delilah to give us a real pair of Levigrass Shoes, and she obliges them. I don't get it, but whatever! I can cross the darn bog now. Before leaving town, I stocked up on some new armor, weapons, and some items. I then made my way for Goldor's Golden Manor.
     Goldor's Mansion is very much Golden. It's supposedly made entirely of gold. The enemies present there are even made of gold! When they wanted a theme on this place, they really wanted it to stand out and be THE theme. Although the place was rather small, I was clueless where to go. There was 4 locked rooms (unlockable as a thief or magical keys) and a staircase to a treasure room. After collecting the treasure, I was clueless where to go. After looking at a guide, I found out that I barely overlooked the correct path. So I continued inward until i was face-to-face with Goldor himself. He claimed that there was no way our group was getting the crystal he was guarding. Yeah, on top of locking the ship, he also somehow was in possession of the Earth Crystal. BOSS BATTLE TIME! With my current team, he wasn't too much of a problem. He did confuse one of my people, but I was far enough in that I pushed forward and beat him regardless. As he is about to fall, he yells out that nobody will have the crystal! He goes over and smashes it then disappears. Thankfully, he dropped the key, and so my group could push forward. Of course the biggest question is...what do we do about the Earth Crystal?
     With that portion done, I took my ship back and started random travelling. Random travelling being going all over except for where I needed to be (used the guide...yeah). I gained some really nice new equipment, that I was in desperate need of, in a small village in the middle of the world called Duster Village. Then, it was off to Replito to buy some summoning spells for the Summoner/Evoker I didn't have. However, I had already spent all my money that I had. With the need for money apparent and a lack of want to do battles, I decided to stop there for the night.

Ending Point - Nearby Replito.
Levels Achieved -
  • Luneth - Level 26 - Dark Knight Level 12
  • Arc - Level 26 - Black Mage Level 36
  • Refia - Level 26 - Bard Level 2
  • Ingus - Level 26 - Viking Level 8
Goals Accomplished - Got a new airship. Traveled to the surface world. Restored the Water Crystal and opened up the surface to travel. Obtain a pair of Levigrass Shoes. Defeated Goldor and obtained the key to unlock my ship. Did some minor travelling around the world for new items and equipment.
Next Goals - Figure out what to do next. Fix the Earth Crystal. Save the World.

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment