Thursday, June 27, 2013

Random Post - My Miniatures!

Unfortunately, the current outlook doesn't seem like I'll get a post done this week.
I could have buckled down and got it done, but then I got distracted.  If I were to blame something...It's work and the new Deadpool video game. (FYI, the second one is good but nothing fantastic.) I'll just post up a few select pictures of the miniatures I've painted as well as a description of what they are.

First and foremost, the miniatures I've been working on are part of a larger thing known as "Warhammer 40k". To those who don't know, Warhammer 40k is a super awesome and fairly complex sci fi setting with basically endless details I could go over. If you wish to learn more, you can visit this wiki (here) or one of many, many other sites dedicated to the setting.

As for what my miniatures actually are, they're a group in the 40k universe known as Space Marines. More specifically, I'm painting a Space Marine chapter called Salamanders. They've got a pretty cool history behind them, and they are one of many, many, MANY different chapters of Space Marines. I've only painted a handful so far, but I plan to paint more and more as I begin to create my army!

Of course, that just makes you wonder "army?" Warhammer 40k is a setting for a tactical war game, and you can play as one of many different groups, factions, and aliens. It gets kinda complicated from here, so I won't go into details. Suffice it to say....My miniatures are amatuer in comparison to all the ridiculously talented professionals out there. Enough gabbing for now...ENJOY MY MINIATURES!

Starts off with kits that look like this. The book on the left is a Codex for Space Marines.
A group of miniatures glued together but not painted yet....obviously.

The same group as above, but they've been given the first coast of black.

A different group than above, but they're partially assembled and partially painted.
The first group fully completed at one point. First set I did was a beginner set and super easy to put together, but they didn't allow for a lot of customization...

Three completed Salamanders with logos and everything! They were part of the second batch that came from a more official kit. They were harder to put together, but they allowed for more customization since they were like a dozen parts rather than four (the earlier ones). 

Side angled shot! It's two more Salamanders from the second batch of Space Marines.
Aaaand that's what I got! I have like ten times more pictures, but I figured these were the best of what I have so far. There's a third batch that's been put together and painted, but they were of the simpler variety (fewer pieces and easier) and thus didn't have as much details to them. 

Overall, painting miniatures is pretty fun, and it's cool to see your completed product at the end. Again, I'm not the best painter, but I figured I'd share it anyways. I realize it doesn't make up for a lack of Final Fantasy posts, but I just can't get myself in the right mood to play Final Fantasy nor write my story. Thus...you get these kinds of updates. I'm only a few hours short of finishing Chapter Two of my story, but then I have to have my editor look over it for me. (My "editor" is just a friend who is helping me write and proofread it.)

Anyways, apologizes once again for the lack of update-ary for this week, but I'm trying to improve. I have a feeling things will be much better once I finish up Final Fantasy and move on to Dragon Quest/Warrior! It'll be awesome once I've completed my initial goal...SO CLOSE! Enough for this post, thanks for your patience and for taking any form of interest in what I do outside of Final Fantasy.

That's all folks.

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment