Monday, September 16, 2013

News Post! (9/16/2013)

It's been nearly two weeks since I last made any kind of post (minus the VGBA post below this one), so I figured I'd give a small update on how things are going.

First and foremost, I'm ALMOST done with my brief play of XIII-2, but I've extended the time from five hours to about seven hours to get the best possible feel about it. As far as a small spoiler would go... I'm liking it more than XIII! I should be able to have a Day post up by this weekend. I know that's a ways away, but work has taken up more time than I'd like it to. (F**kin' real life AMIRITE?)

Next up, what comes up next? I'm going to quickly play through Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. I want to finish that game, and my understanding is that it is both really simple and fairly short. I figure I could wrap it up in about 2-3 Day posts. I'm undecided if I should play my actual cartridge or emulate it though... If I emulate it, I can post screenshots, so there is a good chance I'll do that. (Also I bought this fancy USB SNES controller for my PC! Link! It's a pretty good and solid controller, and it's a great price. Highly recommend it.)

With Mystic Quest finished, I should be able to start up the next series sooner rather than later. For those who forgot, I've decided to tackle the legendary and fairly long running Dragon Quest series! The first few titles will actually be called Dragon Warrior since they were originally released here like that. Regardless, look forward to that happening by October! (As long as Pokemon X and Y doesn't eat ALL of my time...)

The final note for this post involves my Call of the Night short story... I AM SORRY! The problem there is one part lazyness and one part not having the time I'd like. Work ends up making me leave early and come in late. I only have a bit of time to work on it in the morning, and by the time I am back, I end up not working on anything. This has affected me finishing ANY posts in a timely manner, but my story has taken the hardest hit here. I really only write a couple of lines to a paragraph at a time. I'm aiming to have something done mid-October for that though, so please be patient. It gets delayed the most because it is the lowest focus of my blog at the moment.

If you are wondering how I just released another album review then... Do you see how small it is? I can listen to albums a couple of times over days while heading to work or just while I am writing. This makes it easy to think about and give it an honest review. On top of that, my review style for music is usually pretty quick and to the point. I don't drag on very much, but I can review them pretty quickly and easily. In the end, it means my VGBA posts are more like filler, but since I don't often release, filler is better than nothing... Right?

WRONG! 

Okay okay! I'll try to cut back on those posts while I get around to finishing others. That is really all I have to say right now. I'd like to greatly, GREATLY thank anybody who sticks around and comes by just to read a few posts here and there. I know it might not mean much to you, but it's nice to see that I have some form of regulars coming around. It might just be friends and family... But I'll take it!

That's all I have for this News Post, and once again, I do apologize. Look forward to at least one more post this week. Possibly two if I can get my butt in gear. /ending post now

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment