Saturday, December 7, 2013

VGBA Explosion! #3

Oh dear. Another month has come and gone, and my selection process for the VGBA Explosion! is going to get harder and harder as I run out of albums to share... But I'm not there yet! For this EXPLOSION! I'm going to share some of the fine, fine releases from the net label, GameChops.
Long story short, it's a music label for video game remixers. I've been following it since the beginning, and I'd like to say it's all great quality stuff. I've already shared a few of their releases...

  1. bLiNd - NESteryears
  2. Koopa Soundworks (Now called Brave Wave) - World 1-2
Since I can't review every single album, I figure it's time to get more of their stuff in here. I'll share three albums and let you go from there yourselves~

Price = $4
Album - VLAD
Artist - Joshua Morse
Genre - Electronic Dance Music, Jazz, Chiptune, Castlevania Remixes.
Suggested Because - Castlevania is a classic series that has been with us since the original Nintendo. They were incredibly challenging but super fun games with a simple goal. Destroy Dracula! (Or something very similar) This album takes those classic songs and mixes them up to a dancy, jazzy, chiptune-awesomeness. Seriously, it's worth a listen!


Price = $7

Album - Meow Meow & Bow Wow
Artist - Dj CUTMAN & Spamtron
Genre - Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening Remixes, Chiptunes, Electronica
Suggested Because - I'm a bit biased but... I love Dj CUTMAN! He does some awesome video game remixes and chiptunes and all that stuff. This album is a sort of sequel to a previous one known as "Bagu And The Riverman". (You can see it on the GameChops site.) It's just so much fun to listen to, and I can't describe how much I enjoy this album. GET IT!


Price = Name Your Price

Album - POKÉP
Artist - Grimecraft + Several guest artists
Genre - Pokemon Remixes, Chiptunes, Dubstep, Dance, Bass, etc. (I'm not good at selecting genres.)
Suggested Because - The Pokemon series has some very choice and tasty music. It's all good stuff, and that's going all the way back to the beginning even! This album brings in some of the old, but it mostly covers the new sounds of Pokemon X and Y. From the very first song, it's just dance chiptune electronica fun!

And these are just a few of the more recent releases from GameChops! If you go to their site (link up above), you can find quite a few more albums to listen through. It's all great stuff, and you should be more than happy to buy them up and support a great label. I hope you enjoyed this month's selection of VGBA Explosion!

Side Note - I'd like to apologize for the delay of the first Dragon Warrior post. I've been busy with work and other games, but I have been slowly playing it. I figure I'll actually wrap the game up in a single, slightly longer post though. Just... LOOK FORWARD TO IT SOON! Thanks for your patience.

~May the Crystals Guide Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment